|Credit line||Courtesy of Ann Chambers Mennell, in memory of Girard Chambers, Jr.|
|Collection||Girard Chambers, Jr. Collection|
|Description/Scope & Content||Plat, labeled "This is the map of Wm T. Smith's portion of the farm known as 'Celey's' Surveyed May 6, 1866 for a division among the heirs. The bearings are copied from that survey except shore around the portion which Armstrong purchased they are the bearings at the present time." Located in the Wythe district, plat includes names of property owners, two roads (present-day Victoria Boulevard and Salters Creek Road), the "Mouth of Curls Creek" (currently Robinson Creek), and the James River. Lower left corner reads, "2-487." Note on reverse side reads, "Box D." Surveyed by William Ivy. Dated January 10, 1880.|
|Related Items||Show Related Records...|
Armstrong, William Nevins
Lake, J. B.
Smith, William T.
Vaughan, William R., Dr. (Also spelled Voughan)
Site--Olde Wythe Historic District
To view above Place Names on map, open map in new window and click on place name in the list at left.