Hampton History Museum logo
Hampton History Museum logo

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 2011.22.378
Title Girard Chambers Maps and Surveys (File Drawer K): Cherry Acres Subdivision
Credit line Courtesy of Ann Chambers Mennell, in memory of Girard Chambers, Jr.
Collection Girard Chambers, Jr. Collection
Object Type Map
Date 1955
Description/Scope & Content -Plat of property located in the Downtown district on "Military Road" (W. Mercury Boulevard). Includes "Pine Cove & Channel Branch of the Hampton River" and a section of the Cherry Acres subdivision. Lower right corner contains notes listing previous land transfers and lists current and previous property owners as: G. N. Stanton, Ella V. Stanton, G. Baxter Stanton, Francis Stanton, John E. Phillips, Carrie E. Phillips. Handwritten note on sheet points to an enlarged lot and reads, "Changed." Surveyed by W. B. Sours. Dated July 11, 1955.
-Copy of previous plat, with handwritten note that reads, "(Plat Used)."
-Copy of previous plat, with handwritten note that reads, "Changed.
Creator Sours, W. B.
People Phillips, Carrie E.
Phillips, John E.
Stanton, Ella V.
Stanton, Frances W.
Stanton, G. Baxter, Mr.
Stanton, G. N.
Place Names District08--Downtown
Waterway--Hampton River
Media/Interactives
To view above Place Names on map, open map in new window and click on place name in the list at left.