Hampton History Museum logo
Hampton History Museum logo

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 2011.22.531
Title Celey's Farm
Credit line Courtesy of Ann Chambers Mennell, in memory of Girard Chambers, Jr.
Collection Girard Chambers, Jr. Collection
Object Type Map
Date 1880
Description/Scope & Content Plat, labeled "Survey Jan-10-1880 Bearings & Wm. Ivy's Survey of May 1866- Except around Wm. Armstrongs taken at present time." Located in the Wythe district near Celey's Farm and Robinson Creek. Plat includes a "Public Road" (currently Victoria Boulevard), Salters Creek Road, and an area labeled "Roberson's Cor." Note on reverse side of sheet reads, "Armstrong, Bickford, Roberson, Donaby." Surveyed by William Ivy. Dated January 10, 1880.
Admin/Biographical History Girard Chambers Collection: Maps, plats, surveys, and accompanying notes and documents, from the mid-19th century through the mid-20th century. Girard Chambers, Jr., was surveyor of Elizabeth City County. His collection included his own work and work created by his father, Girard Chambers, Sr., and their predecessors, including Christopher Hubbard, William Ivy, and E.A. Semple.
Creator Ivy, William
Related Items Show Related Records...
People Armstrong, William Nevins
Bates, Mattie
Bickford
Donaby
Grey, Richmond
Lake, J. B.
Lee, Jerry
Perkins
Roberson
Robinson, J. C.
Ruffin, Henry
Topics Farming/Agriculture
Place Names Site--Celey's Farm
District09--Wythe
Site--Olde Wythe Historic District
Waterway--Robinson Creek
Media/Interactives
To view above Place Names on map, open map in new window and click on place name in the list at left.