|Title||Sherwood Park (File Drawer B)|
|Credit line||Courtesy of Ann Chambers Mennell, in memory of Girard Chambers, Jr.|
|Collection||Girard Chambers, Jr. Collection|
|Description/Scope & Content||
Five Plats, three sheets of handwritten notes, and a two-page Memorandum regarding properties in the N. King Street/Willow Oaks district and bordered by the Back River including Walker's Estate and sections of the Sherwood Park subdivision. Dated 1885-1947.
- Plat, labeled "Part of the Woods Land of the Watts Farm, Now the Property of Wm. Thompson." Includes a road and "Cal-Tail Swamp." Handwritten note in lower left corner reads, "(See Semples Original Plat Cake & Watts Box D)." Surveyed by E. A. Semples. Dated Sept. 8, 1887.
- "A Plat of the Woodsland attached to the Watt's Est. on South Side of Back River with Division Line Equally Dividing Between C. D. Cake and Thos. Watts- Each Part Containing 2.5 Acres." Includes "Cal-Tail Swamp" and a "Main Road." Surveyed by E. A. Semple. Dated July 18, 1878.
- Reverse side of previous plat, labeled "Watts Woodland, Cake & Watts now Crocket, Vanison, Walker & Todd. E. A.Semple." and "Back River Land (Box D)."
- "Plat Part Property of John-M-Willis Jr. Formerly Maria-A-Walkers Est." Includes an area labeled "Sherwood Park Todd Tract Block M," a "Two Story Brick House," a marsh, an unnamed street, and a "Proposed 15 Ft. Right-of-Way." Lower left corner reads, "F-B 48-38." Surveyed by Girard Chambers, Jr. Dated September 6, 1950.
- "A Plat of G. W. Watt's Portion of the Chas. Watts Farm on South Side of Back River, Sold by G. W. Watts to Wm. Todd. Surveyed by me [E. A. Semples] at Request of Watts." Includes the Southwest Branch of Back River, a "Lane," and a "Main Road." Handwritten note on left side reads, "(See Semple's Plat of Lattimer's Tract Box 2)." Surveyed by E. A. Semples. Dated November 30, 1885.
- Reverse side of previous plat, labeled "G. W. Watts Farm Back River now Walker & Todd Nov. 1885."
- "Plat Part of Maria-E-Walker's Estate Showing Portion Retained by Alexander Walker- A Grandson- During his Natural Life." Includes "Block M Sherwood Park Todd Tract" and part of the "V.E.P. Co. (VEPCO) Elect. Power Line." Lower left corner reads, "File Drawer 3." Surveyed by Girard Chambers, Jr. Dated August 3, 1948.
- Sheet of sketches and handwritten notes including "L-B-River Road" and the name "Jack Willis."
- Sheet of coordinate data and notes regarding "Sherwood Park Sec-B East Div."
- Sheet of handwritten notes delineating changes in property ownership.
- A Memorandum, "To: Kenny, From: Dave," regarding "Conveyance to J. L. Tysinger et ux. from Elizabeth L., Lucy A., and Lola H. Burdick." Sheet indicates property transfer information recorded in "Deed Book 146 at Page 75." Includes a "Description of property conveyed" and lists property divisions and respective owners. Dated July 15, 1947.
- Second page of previous Memorandum.
|Other Creators||Chambers, Girard, Jr.|
Booker, Hunter Russell, Sr.
Burdick, Elizabeth L.
Burdick, Lola H.
Burdick, Lucy A.
Latimer, Charles W.
Lawson, William E.
Phillips, J. C.
Stewart, J. E. B.
Tennis, Robert L.
Tysinger, Beulah H.
Tysinger, J. L.
Walker, Maria E.
Walker, Myra A.
Watts, G. W.
Willis, John M., Jr.
To view above Place Names on map, open map in new window and click on place name in the list at left.