|Title||Early East Hampton Map|
|Credit line||Courtesy of Ann Chambers Mennell, in memory of Girard Chambers, Jr.|
|Collection||Girard Chambers, Jr. Collection|
|Description/Scope & Content||
Plat of properties in the Phoebus district near the Hampton Normal School and the Hampton River. Includes a "Co. Road" (currently Tyler Street) and a cove. Note on sheet reads, "See Massenburg's Box C." Upper left corner reads, "C. Hubbard Sur. Rec-1-99 Made This." Surveyed by E. A. Semple using previous notes made by surveyor William Ivy. Dated October 17, 1846.
|Other Creators||Ivy, William|
Hampton University/Institute/Normal School
To view above Place Names on map, open map in new window and click on place name in the list at left.