|Title||Queen Street Properties|
|Credit line||Courtesy of Ann Chambers Mennell, in memory of Girard Chambers, Jr.|
|Collection||Girard Chambers, Jr. Collection|
|Description/Scope & Content||
Multiple plats of properties near Queen Street in the Downtown district. Surveyed by Girard Chambers. Dated 1915-1942.
-Plat, labeled "Plat of Masonic Temple Lot Situated on E. Queen St." Includes E. Queen Street and a sidewalk. Lower left corner reads "See Chambers Survey of this Entire Block." "Surveyed by Lodge Request by Girard Chambers." Dated June 1920.
-Plat, labeled "Plat showing the property occupied by the Bank of Hampton Virginia as a banking house and to be conveyed to the Citizens National Bank of Hampton." Includes East Queen Street and South King Street. Also includes a "Bank Wall" and a sidewalk. Note on left side of sheet describes previous land transfer, "Caleb-C-Willard to Bank of Hampton D-B-31-243. Oct-5-1898." Lower left corner reads, "Atlas Pg. 6 File Drawer, Hampton." Dated September 5, 1933.
-Plat, labeled "Plat of Cora-F-Scott's Property Upon Which is Located Langley Theatre Situated on E. Queen Street." Includes East Queen Street and Banks Street and "Langley Theatre Brick Building." Lower left corner reads "Abst. No 4-101 Field Book 39-153." Dated December 28, 1939.
-Hand-drawn plat of "Brick Store" lot located on South King Street. Also includes small "Sketch of Corner." Dated August 16, 1919.
-Hand-drawn plat of Langley Theatre lot located on Queen Street. Also includes "Two-Story Brick" and "One Story Brick" structures as well as property transfer information for the surrounding lots. Lower right corner reads, "Abst. 4-101 F-B 39-153." Undated.
-Plat, labeled "Plat of Clara-V-Peek's Land Purchased by Cora-F-Scott." Lot located near Langley Theatre and includes "Theatre Brick Wall." Dated August 2, 1919.
-Plat, labeled "Plat of Fulton Property Annie V. Fulton Situated on E. Queen St." Includes E. Queen Street, a sidewalk, the Bank lot, and the Masonic Temple lot. Note on E. M. Tennis property reads, 'See Plat of This." Lower left corner reads, "Filed 1D" and lower right corner, "Field Book-4-15." Dated February 1, 1915.
-Plat, labeled "Plat of Bank of Hampton Property Situated on S. King St." Includes South King Street, a sidewalk, "The Citizents Natl Bank" lot, and an area labeled "St. Tammany Lodge No 5. A-F-A-M." Lower left corner reads, "F-B 46-80." Dated December 8, 1942.
-Letter from "Howard W. Saunders and Margaret H. Saunders, his wife to Cora F. Scott and W. W. Scott, her husband" regarding boundary lines for their respective properties along Queen Street. Upper right corner reads, "Date: 17 December,1917; Recorded: 30 December, 1919; Deed Book: 67, page 243; Consideration: $5.00."
-Hand-drawn plat, labeled "Plat Property of Cora F. Scott Situated on East Queen St." Includes East Queen Street, a sidewalk, and multiple brick structures. Upper left corner reads "Formerly Cumming Property," and lower left corner reads, "Abst-No 4-101 File Drawer 1H." Note on lot reads, "See Plat Cora-F-Scott See F-B 39-153 Abst 4-101." Undated.
|Creator||Chambers, Girard, Sr.|
|Other Creators||Chambers, Girard, Jr.|
Boyenten, J. W.
Cooper, M. S.
Cooper, Sarah R.
Fulton, Annie V.
Gordon, H. L.
Kirsner, E. B.
Kirsner, F. B.
Lake, Frank Hume, Sr.
Monroe, E. A.
Monroe, J. A.
Peek, Clara V.
Saunders, H. W.
Saunders, Howard W.
Scott, Cora F.
Scott, W. W.
Scott, W. W.
Taylor, Charles T.
Tennis, Edgar M.
Watts, A. L.
Watts, J. S.
Willard, Caleb C.
Wyatt, A. L.
Wyatt, J. S.
Structure--E.Queen St. #2-4
Structure--E.Queen St. #40-42
Structure--E.Queen St. #22
Structure--E.Queen St. #24
Structure--E.Queen St. #28
Structure--S.King St. #15
To view above Place Names on map, open map in new window and click on place name in the list at left.